Schematic for brake lines wanted

Moderators: R4F6GTX Automaat, Rik H., Mark4GTL, Nando

Bertje

Re: Schematic for brake lines wanted

Bericht: # 136505Bericht Bertje »

The pressure is not the same everywhere in the system; during an emergency stop you want high pressure at the front and low pressure at the rear. Again, just check the picture in one of the first replies to your initial post.
Wie het kleine niet leert doet het grote verkeerd
Tweety

Bericht: # 136537Bericht Tweety »

Yes Hjalmar, what Bertje is saying is true... the way you described it... it is incorrect ! the second brake line from front to rear is not a return line, but a second connection... i had to do a fair bit of research myself....i also have a 4 connection master-cylinder and i also had some difficulties.... anyway, the idea of the proportioner-valve 2 fold... 1- it generally reduces the pressure beyond the valve once the brakes give back pressure... eg when the brake shoes start to touch the drum.. (this takes a bit more then with disk-brakes...) and 2- when braking hard and the center of gravity moves forward and lifts up the rear of the car the spring pulls on a valve completely closing the flow to the rear brakes off... to avoid the rear brakes from locking up.. and causing a skid... so anyway, the pressure should be the same in both the rear brake lines, therefore these should be connected to the splitter... also when the valve closes one of the channels tis should be the channel where the rearbrakes should be connected to... the system with 2 lines from front to rear is an older system and i guess it does have something to do with lines clogging up or something....
Bertje

Bericht: # 136950Bericht Bertje »

Did you succeed in connecting everything properly yet?
Popanz

Bericht: # 137130Bericht Popanz »

Hello,

I am yet not ready with welding the chassis so it will take some time till I will reassemble the braking system. Ingo Heitel from Germany (Reno4er) told me that there was a version build the way my proportional valve was connected: 4-way master cylinder and 3-way proportional valve. As there are no 4-way valves anymore available I will put in a 3-way anyway. I will keep you informed.

Hjalmar
Bertje

Bericht: # 137150Bericht Bertje »

ok

4-ways are available, just not new ones... Revision is not difficult, though.
Popanz

Bericht: # 137173Bericht Popanz »

My 4-way is too bad, corrosion inside. Where can I get a rebuild one ?

Hjalmar
Bertje

Bericht: # 137183Bericht Bertje »

Sorry, need my own 4-valve for my own project. But I guess if you just ask around here you should be able to obtain one which is in good enough shape for revision.
Tweety

Bericht: # 137186Bericht Tweety »

Might be easier to obtaina 3 connection master cylinder....
Plaats reactie